An electronic device or appliance is composed of different parts known as electronic components. These basic electronics components are assembled together using a circuit diagram to create a device, tool or appliance. A computer’s CPU is made up of basic electronics components that are connected with one another.It all starts with a circuit board or mother board ( CPUs) which has all the components inside. An electronic circuit is responsible for some functions within a device. For example, radios normally contain amplifiers to enhance volume .
There are two main classifications for basic electronic components. Components can either be passive or active. This is a more detailed description of each variety :
* Passive components usually do not introduce net energy into the circuit they are connected with. They also cannot rely on a source of power except for what is available from the (AC) circuit they are connected to. This would result then for their inability to act as an amplifier of the signal;yet, it is possible to add voltage or current using a transformer or resonant circuit. Two-terminal components like resistors, capacitors, inductors, and most types of diodes are classified as passive components.
* Active components mainly depend on an energy source coming from a DC;also, they can inject power into a circuit although this is not their main function. Among included are amplifying components such as transistors, triode,vacuum tubes(valves), and tunnel diodes.One of the most valuable electronic components that solid state electronics depend upon are resistors.
Usually, there are three main parameters for resistors, yet solid state electronics would only need two parameters in many cases.
* Resistance – the value of resistance, measured in Ohms.
* Power – The amount of power the resistor can safely handle. Too much power will cause the resistor to overheat and fail, causing so much trouble.
* Voltage – In most cases, this is not specified except for the maximum voltage across the resistor. It is a measure of the maximum voltage that may show. Having fundamental knowledge about basic electronic components can help you assemble your own radio or other electronic devices you want.